In 3.5 hours I am hopping in a van in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China to meet my son. The reality of this is huge. For 14 months we were asked many questions.....when will be reaching our next milestone , when will we travelling.........and the answer was always "soon."
BUT the word "soon" is finally here. Today we will unite with our son. Lian An Fan will become Kenneth Liam Caldwell.
I don't know how God did it. He opened my heart to a world not often talked about and removed my fears so I would be open to become a mother not bore from my own womb. But HE is amazing. He has breathed life into our family. He has given me a purpose I didn't even know I needed in my life. He chose a child for us that was born from our hearts. A beautiful miracle.
My encouraging Wednesday morning group at St. Andrews wrote some pretty moving cards for Ken & I reminding us that God is with us, he has gone before us and "made paths straight". Thank you ladies, your words of encouragement could not have come at a better time.
Tears have been flowing as we have been praying for Liam not to be scared as he is transferred to our location. 4 long hours in a car with no idea where he is going. And today, as Liam is given into our arms, I pray he will find peach in our hugs. That he would be open to receiving our love for him and that his trust in us grows by the second, not by the hour.
You told us where to go, we just had to get up, and do it. He doesn't call the equipped HE equips the called. Thank you Father.
Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him".
No comments:
Post a Comment