Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Monday, February 23, 2015

To Hold Nothing Back

"To hold nothing back in every breath is a spiritual practice"

As I prepare to depart for an incredible experience in China, my heart is heavy and sad.  The emotions of this experience are overwhelming.  Its been 14 months since we started this process and this is the final stretch.  So much has happened a long the way and I'm so thankful for the timing of it all.  But what I'm most overwhelmed by is Liam, and what this process is going to be like for him.  His world is about to flipped upside down as he knows it.  Everything he has ever known, taken from him by two strangers that look so different to him.  Scared is the word that comes to mind for.  He's going to be so scared.  And I just ask for prayers for his heart.

In addition to the above, I also pray that I hold nothing back and stay committed to letting whatever we experience make its way in an let whatever is in make its way out.  Holding nothing back means holding the intention to be an open vessel, in a daily way.  There is no way around the fact that this is going to be hard.  But simply and profoundly, our very breath can serve as a reminder that life is only possible if the exchange of inner and outer is undisturbed.  Letting things in, feeling their impact, and in turn, letting things out, expressing cleanly what we feel, is a spiritual practice that rinses the mind and the heart.

Breathe, Just Breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Breathe! Love your words of wisdom and am so happy for you. Liam's life is going to change for sure and he is going to be loved and cared for like he is meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete