Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Meat Street

Alright, Ken here!  Meat Street is not actually the name of this place but we have dubbed it that.   

Basically you walk down the avenue and vendors aggressively yell at you, in Chinese, and want you to try their delicacies.  I promised myself, Hope and our new friend Heidi that my dinner last night would come from this place; boy did it ever! 

My niece, Caroline wanted a picture of me eating crickets.  Sorry baby girl, I didn’t.  I've eaten grasshoppers in Uganda so crickets didn't excite me last night.  It is Saturday here and the weekend is young, so don’t give up hope.  I didn't eat the silkworms either, though Heidi says she grew up on them in the northern part of the country and they are quite good.  Oh, and I couldn't find any scorpions last night.  They must have ran out yesterday.  Hopefully the snow that is falling won’t disturb the next shipment of delightful scorpion cuisine.

All in all, I feel pretty good this morning and I hope my stomach will remain cooperative for the rest of the trip.  There is no guarantee of that happening so I will bravely continue my culinary experience and trust that all will “come out” ok. 

That’s all for now.  Somebody have a cheeseburger for me!



Proof of the Starfish! 






This is the snake that I ate..............

PROOF! 


Quail Eggs were delicious.....even Hope ate some.





4 comments:

  1. Yum snake! So proud of you Kenneth!! Hopey should try the Bulls balls (they are lucky)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WINGSPAN! I don't know if my last comment worked, but your photos (and your eye) is making LA proud! Keep documenting. You are doing a fantastic job!! Gotcha Day is so so so soon!
    love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wakey wakey, quail eggs and snakey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waittt!! This was all skewed (no pun intended) before and two blogs were one. Way to go Kenneth with your meat street dominance. Ewwwwww. You're brave.

    ReplyDelete