Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

So excited I Just Peed My Pants

Words cannot express the excitement I am feeling!!  Its finally time.  14 months of being pregnant and I finally have a due date.  Monday, March 2, 2015 - GOTCHA DAY.

Here's what the trip to China is shaping out to be.....

Tomorrow, bright and early 4:00am, my sweet sweet friends at Mt. Pleasant Shuttle will take us to the airport.  If ya'll ever need a local transportation company they are the BEST.

We will catch a flight to Chicago (UA3608).  Ken is excited to have some time to purchase Liam some Cubs gear - after all, Chicago will be the place Liam becomes an American Citizen - a Cubby in the making.

Our LONG 14 hour flight (UA 851) departs at noon and arrives to Beijing at 3:30pm China Time on Thursday. (2:30am EST).

We will be met in Beijing at the airport and will spend a few days visiting the city.  There MIGHT be a toboggan down the Great Wall Of China on one of these days (sorry mom)!

On Sunday we will fly to the capital of Liam's province, Nanjing, Jiangsu.  Our guide will meet us at the airport and fill us in on all things Liams.  What he likes to eat/drink/schedule etc.  

Monday is GOTCHA day.  I can't hardly stand how excited I am to squeeze my son.  Liam will come with us from our first meeting and never leave our side again.  He'll stay in the hotel with us and he is officially ours on Tuesday when we take our oath.

We will spend the rest of the week in Nanjing with Liam visiting his province and hopefully seeing his orphanage.

On Friday we will fly as a family to southern China, Guangzhou.  This is where all adoptions become official.  I'm excited for this trip given the weather in Guangzhou is tropical - hallelujah!

The remainder of the week we will spend in Guangzhou doing government stuff and having some downtime as a family to bond.

We will take the train to Hong Kong on Wednesday and fly out on Thursday.  Our LONG flight with Liam will be direct Hong Kong to Chicago (UA896).    Start saying your prayers now for this flight!!
We get into Charleston on Thursday at 8:49pm (UA3678).  

Thank you for all your prayers throughout this process.  So many of my friends and family have walked this journey with us - we only wish we could take you across the finish line to China.  But knowing you are home thinking of our precious family means the world to us.

A special thank you to my wonderful team at work - there is no way I could have made it through this process without you and without you holding down the fort while I take this time with our new son.

I'll see you on the flip side as a mom.
Love,
Hope

1 comment: