Ken and I celebrated our sweet baby boy's first birthday today. Today, November 18th, was one of the tougher days through this adoption journey. Not only was Liam turning one without us being physically present, but today also marked our 90 days waiting on our LOA (reminder - its an average of 60-90 days). The combination of these two major events in one day = a very emotional momma = pity party.
BUT my man picked me up and put me in the car to go and celebrate our baby boy. Kenneth Grey was looking sharp in his suit! We went to Osaka for dinner (YES I realize this is a Japanese restaurant but it's all I had the energy for)
Liam came along looking sharp (just like daddy) in his striped pants and sweatshirt.
A boy after my own heart.
Please notice Mommas post breakdown, tears dried, one glass of wine face. Nice Hope, Nice.
Doesn't Daddy look smokin in his suit?
Oh and a BIG thank you to all you sweet friends who sent Liam a birthday gift. He doesn't know it yet but he LOVED all of them.
Happy Birthday BUDDY
And the coolest part of this whole story is while Ken and I were celebrating Liam in America, Liam's nannies were celebrating him all the way in China. Talk about a lucky little guy. Two birthdays in one day!!!
Have you ever seen a cuter Birthday KING?
When I woke this morning I felt refreshed after seeing these photos. My little man is cared for. He is loved. And He has community!! In my state of sadness Ken said something that I'll never forget. He said, Hope, this process is not about you. Its about Liam and what the Lord wants for Him. We were chosen for him by HIM, but its not about us.
Thank you Lord for the blessing of my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment