"Nothing among human things has such power to
keep our gaze fixed ever more intensely upon God than friendship."--Simone Well
I have been blessed to have deep friends in my time on Earth. They have been an oasis when my life has turned a desert. They have been a cool river to plunge in when my heart has been on fire. When I found out we could not conceive a child biologically they offered their shoulder for my tears.
"Honest friends are doorways to our souls, and loving friends are grasses that soften the world. It is no mistake that the German root of the word friendship means "place of high safety". This safety opens us to God. As Cicero said, "A friend is a second self." And as Sant Martin said, "My friends are the beings through whom God loves me." There can be no greater or simpler ambition than to be a friend" - Mark Nepo .
My sweet friends and family in North Carolina
are some of those beings through whom God loves me.
I feel so honored to have been thrown such a sweet shower by these special women in my life.
And a giant thank you to all of my sweet friends who attended. It means the world to Ken & I.
Above: Momma Sweeney, Kim Beard, Momma Judy,
Elizabeth (decorator extraordinaire), Lynn (pintrest game wizard)
I ADORE the decor (haha poet and I didn't know it) the girls came up with.
Can you picture little Liam in that hot air balloon
flying to SC to his Mom & Dad? And look at all that food!
flying to SC to his Mom & Dad? And look at all that food!
Liam was so blessed to have so many sweet friends shower him!
Here's a peek at some items he received.
Baby James made an appearance!













No comments:
Post a Comment