Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cuz She's Kraft & She's Just My Type

While we wait on our Letter of Acceptance I have been filling my time with crafts.

I'm sort of in love with the way this wicked cool frame turned out.  Have you ever tried to get something with an awkward size or a giant size framed?  $$$$$$$$  So....why not build your own?

I started out with wood from Lowes.   It was soft on one side and rough on the other.  I'm sure there is term for this but I have no idea what it is.  

Since I wanted the corners angled I had to cut them myself with a trusty hand saw.  


Safety First! 


My helper didn't have goggles but had no problem eating my project!

Since the edges were not perfectly smooth I covered them with some Ribbon and Raffia


Once the frame was finished I brought it upstairs to check the size and color. 
It clearly was way to light for the room.  I was hoping for more of a stain color of the table.  Back to Lowes for stain swatches...... 


And Voila....  I really like the color of the stain with the table and chairs.  All for under $50!  (notice little man's chair at the head of the table already!)

And just for fun here's a look at the Den......

Anything fun happening at your house's? 







No comments:

Post a Comment