Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Thursday, March 27, 2014

One Less

Our great friends daughter and husband are in China at this very moment.  Last night, while we here in America slept, they met their new daughter on the other side of the world.  One less orphan, one family changed forever.  It's been such a privilege to hear their journey over teh past year since announcing that they were adoption her.  Just a year ago, our own journey was months away from its beginning.  At that time, my heart still wondered if I too would be so blessed to know that joy and have such a story to share about God's faithfulness and grace.  

I couldn't help but be moved by this scripture today: 

John 1:16-"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."

God's grace isn't deserved.  By its very definition grace is a gift.  No one deserves grace.  I certainly don't.  Yet, out of His profound love for us - His adopted sons and daughters, He gives us grace and blessings, one after another. 

Yesterday a beautiful 2 year old woke up an orphan.  Today she is a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece and a cousin.......

I can't wait for this to be our reality.  


No comments:

Post a Comment