I FEEL AWESOME!
Just to fill you in, the following are off-limits throughout this 28 day detox plan: processed foods and beverages, added sugar, dairy, gluten, caffeine, and alcohol. In addition, food options for Week 1 are limited to only the following: fruits, vegetbls, nuts, seeds, plant-based fats/oils, and spiced. From what I understand week 1 is by far the hardest - but getting through it is the most rewarding. Done and Done!
My favorite part about the detox is that it teaches you to be a lot more creative with food. For example, I love dark chocolate - like LOVE!! I had a craving the other night for some chocolate and instead cut up the pineapple that was purchased on my weekly shopping trip and enjoyed the sweetness from that. Would never had thought of doing that in my prior life! :)
I really fell in love with roasted vegetables this week - especially cauliflower and peppers.
NOT so in love with the Cucumber & Celery smoothy.
Lots and Lots of Sweet potatoes and Avocados in the Caldwell house this past week. My smoothy machine has been incredibly busy as well and my favorite thus far has to be the carrot, apple and beet smoothy. Sounds crazy but it is delicious!!
I have really enjoyed learning what all these interesting veggies are and where to find them in the store. Leeks, Rutabaga, Lentils etc etc. I got home from the store last night and had to google what some of the veggies were that I bought since I had no idea without the sign in the store!!
I will say that the toughest part about this week was Super Bowl Sunday! I came prepared with my own snacks but dang that pizza looked so good. And I have a hard time not sipping on a craft beer here and there.
Week 2 starts today and I am able to introduce beans and fish into my diet. I just made a Collard Greens, Tofu and Spiced breakfast that was really good! And last night I roasted a ton of veggies to prepare for the next two nights dinners since I'll be out and about.
Wish me luck on week 2!!
GO GIRL!
ReplyDeleteI made the tofu b'fast this morning too. It was super yummy. Today is the spicy black bean salad for lunch and hopefully the salmon for dinner. :) GO US!