
ALRIGHT!! IT'S ON!!
This always happens to me during my slow season (not that it is very slow anymore). I get VERY ambitious and sign up for crazy athletic races. Two years ago a group of my girlfriends rallied to run across Florida, year before that is was a marathon. This year it is a Triathlon!
I have been considering running a triathlon for a very long time but have not been able to commit. I started training last year and injured my neck and now I just don't have an excuse. So game on.
The tri consists of 5k run, 20k bike, and..dum da dum dum...a 250 meter swim. I've got the first two covered but the swim should be interesting. Our great friend Kyra signed me up for a swim class at MUSC Wellness Center. I started last week and have a LONG way to go. I'm the only one in the class that has to wear flippers :) . But I don't really care - they just make me go faster.
The Tri is mid April - wish me luck!!
PS - my boss sent me this photo and asked if these were especially designed for me. He knows me well. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment