Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Day I Learned My Sons Name

Two weeks ago Ken and I attended a training class required by our agency.  The goal of "Crossings" is to equip us to handle a special needs adopted child once he/she comes to our forever home.  The class was two full days and reviewed a ton of information.  Although I found it very informative, I was also overwhelmed by all the information.  So much so that following the final class I said to Ken that I wasn't sure I could move forward with this process any more.  I felt discouraged.  Who am I to bring home a baby with Special Needs?  I questioned everything that's happened up to this point.  I am human.  

But God knows and loves me more.  I questioned HIM and His plan for me.  I begged for a sign and He loves me so much that he gave me more than a sign.  He gave me a son.

Kenneth Liam Caldwell 
came into our lives on Monday, June 23, 2014

My dear baby boy, you are quite simply break taking and tiny and purely awesome.  You already make me and your daddy so proud.  You are worth every achingly long moment waiting.....now to get you home! 

You are our new song


No comments:

Post a Comment