Last evening I prayed like crazy that the Lord would go before us and make our paths straight. And did he ever. We arrived to find an annoying, grumpy security guard. Before he could say anything we KILLED him with kindness on this Monday morning. Chatty Hope & Ken. So much so that he didn't even look at our original date for fingerprinting (July 1). Through the gates - BOOM.
Once we arrived to the room for the fingerprinting my heart sank. I realized I didn't have my ID (I thought was left on the boat from this past weekend). I was about to cry when the lady asked if I had our marriage certificate. DING DING DING. I RAN out to my car while Kenneth Grey kept our spot in line. At that point I slowed down for a second and found my license in my zip lock bag in my purse (thanks Mom for always keeping me prepared) . I rushed back into the building only to have to deal with grumpy pants security guard again. But NOTHING was going to stop me.
We were in and out in 30 minutes. (side note - I asked the lady taking the fingerprints what the heck the big deal is and the difference between these and the other prints we've already given. She had NO idea. Lame. I thought there would be some cool answer.)
This seems silly to get excited about but we are SO. CLOSE and now there is nothing in our way except CHINA.
Please continue to pray for our process. Ken made a great point the other day. Once we know who our baby is its going to get a whole heck of a lot harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment