Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mafia Baby takes Charleston by storm - and LAUGHS!



I HEART MAFIA BABY!!  I MEAN REALLY.....LOOK AT THOSE PHOTOS ABOVE. 
 THUMBS UP! 

Ken and I had the distinct pleasure of hosting the Sweeney family in Sunny Charleston.  Having my sweet sweet nephew (Mafia baby) for a whole week was the highlight of my summer.  



Since moving into Casa Caldwell, Kenneth Grey/Hannah and I have become professional "porchers".  Glad we could introduce Joe & Mady to this.  


We took a golf cart cruise around our neighborhood.  This is the road that use to be the drive to the plantation - hence the beautiful trees. 


Mini Joe trying to tell his father how the golf cart should actually be driven - sippy cup in hand. 


Cam explaining to Uncle Ken the art of drinking his cocktail out of a sippy cup.  


Mady and I cruised in the back of the golf cart - getting muddy the whole ride. 


This is the Wapoo Cut down the street from our house. 


Cam thought it was hilarious to feed me his toys. 



Friday night we were able to have some adult time thanks to our trusty neighborhood /bestbabysitterintheworld/Butler.  

We went on a pub crawl of Charleston starting at The Ordinary for cocktails.


Then had a great dinner at Lana.  We visited Leigh-ann and friends at the new bowling Alley and finished up with the best martini in town at Cypress.  All in time to get home for the babysitter and dominate some gelato


One of the days Joe & Kenneth went fishing out on the Kiawah River.  They were shark slayers!



Meanwhile Maddy, Cam and I relaxed by the pool.  






Joe & Mady had a sweet date night and enjoyed dinner at The Ocean Course Clubhouse on Kiawah Island. Ken and I got to babysit for Cam.  We played and played and rode on the golf cart and of course watched cartoons.....


The Riverdogs were in town so of course we had to take Cam to his very first baseball game!!
The local team is a NY Yankees Single A team.  A Rod was playing for 2 nights while he is recovering.  That was a treat! 


Hey Mom - check out those cool animals in the outfits! 


Cam didn't exactly experience ballpark food - maybe next time :) 


Come on AROD - throw me a ball!



Thats it AROD - do something good!! 



And the Riverdogs lose!  Dang it! 


Cam learned some fun things while in Charleston but the funniest was his hide and go seek.  He would shut his eyes to "hide from you"


and Joe was able to rest finally! 


Needless to say we miss the Sweeney's soooooo much!! 
Come back to Charleston soon. 








2 comments:

  1. I love that Joe is rocking a Gamecocks visor! Looks like y'all had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Lynn, I didn't even notice that. So great.

    ReplyDelete