"Whatever truth we feel compelled to withhold, no matter how unthinkable it is to imagine ourselves telling it, not to is a way of spiritually holding our breath. You can only do it for so long. Of course, the longer we keep our truth hidden, the more difficult it is to give it voice, or so it seems, because while the pressure is building, we are running out of air. But we are never more than a heartbeat from freeing ourselves of that awful isolation, never more than a gulp and a cough from falling back into the open.
All the while, the power of being hidden keeps us from the vitality of living, and so the healing value of telling the truth is in how it returns us to the pulse of what is sacred. Just as important as the respect and trust gained for telling the truth is the release of that terrible pressure that keeps us hidden and isolated. This is the embodied gift of truth which like breathing keeps us alive."
I encourage each of you to surround yourself with loved ones and tell the truth. It is healing. It is necessary. It is lonely if you do not.
This week has been one that will take many weeks to process. And with the permission of my dear husband I will share it when the time is right. For now, I am thankful he is alive. I am thankful our Father loved us SO much that he decided to teach some giant life lessons all the while protecting Ken. I have never felt closer to HIM and to Ken. We are an ordinary couple serving an extraordinary God.
Among the chaos of the week our desire to welcome Liam home was never lost. And in HIS perfect timing Liam will be coming home. We were granted our Letter Of Acceptance from China. This is it. What should have taken 60-90 days took 115 and I AM SO THANKFUL THAT IT DID. We are now able to love Liam better & safer after this week.
I am in awe of our wonderful Father.
YAY!!! Even Hannah looks proud!
ReplyDeleteBest picture ever of the two of you!!
ReplyDelete