Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Peace with the Brokenhearted

"The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"

I felt a lot of comfort in this passage this morning.  As we wait for our LOA I have been reading Psalms for each day of our wait.  Today is day #34 (Psalm 34).  

Its amazing the community that is built in times of sorrow, grief, loss, failure, or even the small daily frustrations that constantly wear us down.  I have talked to so many woman, moms, and hopeful families about adoption and wouldn't you know, once the topic is brought up most open up about their sorrowful times.  I feel honored that so many of you are willing to talk it out and allow me your shoulder as well.  I believe that is the goal of our Father, to unite us all through the Holy Spirit in our own times of need.  We often wish we could escape these troubles but the wonderful thing is God promises to be close to the brokenhearted and to be our source of power, courage, and wisdom, helping us through our problems.  I'm realizing that sometimes He chooses to deliver us from those problems, other times maybe not.  But what is important is when these times strike, don't get frustrated, admit you need help and be thankful you have soldiers by your side led by a mighty King.    

No comments:

Post a Comment