Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Thursday, September 11, 2014

My New Garden

I love to garden (I get that from Momma Sweeney).  I have been begging Kenneth Grey for a garden for years.  We never really had the space until now.  Labor Day Weekend was a perfect weekend to get this project under our belts.  

First stop..... Lowes on Saturday morning.  Purchased all the materials needed, choosing cedar wood for the garden because its not treated and is better for your vegetables.  The handy man at Lowes cut the wood for us.  Instead of purchasing 4x4 posts we put together 2x2 posts to hold the garden into the ground.


















A few nails and a hammer and ta da.....a GARDEN!

Auny Laney came over to assist with the planting and thankfully coached me on positioning the vegetables and not planting too many.

It's been growing like crazy!!  The corner plant is cucumbers, then Brussels Sprouts, broccoli, peppers, squash and collard greens.











And while I'm photographing my back yard I figured I'd show off our Pecan Tree.  Every other years this baby will produce tons of pecans.  Our neighbors have already asked if they can come over and pick up some nuts.  


PS - Hannah LOVES the garden



Kenneth Grey and Elaine working hard....Me? I'm coaching! 


Elaine is a GEM in the garden! 

And  an update on my yoga studio.  Here is what it looks like right now.  I haven't decided what color to pait it just yet.  Ken and I spend a ton of time in here solving all the worlds problems! 



This is where we chat about Liam the most. 






No comments:

Post a Comment