Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Our First Ultrasound (homestudy complete)

Last week our social worker Sarah met us for our last home visit with the agency before baby. (they require a lot of post adoption visits) The visit went really well and she closed her book saying "you guys got this".

Today we received the news......

This is HUGE.  I never really understood what a homestudy was prior to our adoption, and in a basic sense it is every aspect of your life detailed out in an 18 page report - basically a family biography.  
Receiving this news today, I imagined it to feel like our first ultrasound.  

  Looking back on the last 3 months I realize  all the working, gathering and preparing was worth it.  It's not a little black bean in a photo, but I imagine it feels the same.  I finally have something in my hand that is tangible and represents that our family is growing.  

So that is where we are at now in the process.  We will be mailing our Home Study to immigration and will wait a few months for approval.  

Celebrating our milestones!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for your first Ultrasound! Can't wait for the next one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell you how excited we are about this. Never imagined that you two wouldn't be approved. Can't think of any two people more deserving. Prayers will continue. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. love ya!

    ReplyDelete