Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Saturday, January 11, 2014

UMMMM....ITS JANUARY?


It is so hard to believe that December has come and gone and it is now mid January.

It is mind boggling to think of the last months check list.

  • Spokes Group Charleston creates a stellar fundraising event - CHECK
  • 500 needy children woke up on Christmas morning with a bike under the tree - CHECK
  • 1,500 patients were treated with high quality healthcare through the December PMI team in Africa - CHECK
  • 5 patients had life changing surgeries thanks to the first ever surgical team on a PMI team - CHECK
(sorry if picture freaks you out !)
  • 1 Box of gifts shipped to my Boston family for the Christmas season - CHECK
  • 11.5 family members and 3 dogs shacked up on Christmas Eve at Mamma Judy's house - CHECK
  • 3 very blissful years have been celebrated with the most amazing husband a girl could ask for - CHECK
  • 100 New Years cards sent to our favorite people wishing all the best year yet - CHECK
  • 4 days spent in Nashville Tennessee learning about the new trends of the season -CHECK
And drumroll please............
  • 4 months of long, heavy hearted discussions with that sweet man of mine to finally decide to open our hearts and home to a sweet babe from China.  We have officially started the adoption process and could not be more excited!  I know I'm supposed to wait until we are actually matched with a babe before I post a sonogram pic but I can't help myself.  

We are officially part of the Lifeline Children's Services family.  This is what seems to be a wonderful adoption agency out of Alabama with offices in Mt. Pleasant SC.  (www.lifelinechild.org)

Getting started on the Home Study is the first step and I'd be lying if I didn't admit to freaking out a bit today.  A mini panic attack perhaps?  But just like with anything in life we dove right in taking one section at a time.  On average a home study takes about 3-4 months and will include an orientation Interview, a joint interview, individual interviews and a final interview together all taking place with our social worker.  

Please say a prayer that Kenneth Grey and I will find patience with this process and with each other throughout.   Please pray that our marriage will be strengthened and most importantly our relationship with our Father whose timing is perfect.  






No comments:

Post a Comment