Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Monday, November 4, 2013

"When you don't know what to do.....wait"

This morning I woke up ready to take on the adoption world.  I was fierce.  Ready to take charge, to call the agency and ask questions, ready to make some seriously hard decisions.  I was ready because I was on my time.  But what I learn and am humbled by each day is that my timing doesn't matter.  Its on HIS time that world goes round.

I'm a "fixer" by trait, a "doer", a go-getter.  Patience doesn't look good on me.  But that's what this process is teaching me.  I must rely on HIM and his perfect timing.  Its amazing that He has so much love and patience with me even when I seek answers everywhere except from HIM.  It's funny how we do that.

Jesus Calling today was beautifully encouraging.  "When you don't know what to do, wait while I open the way for you.  Trust that I know what I'm doing and be ready to follow My lead.  I will give strength to you and I will bless you with Peace."

And wouldn't you know it.  Blessed we were tonight.  Out of the blue my sweet sister called to catch up.  Next thing you know she walked us through every single consideration for special needs on our list.  What would have taken weeks to research, Heidi helped us understand in one hour.

Our conversation was a godsend and we are one step closer :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment