Homecoming from Africa has been tough. Its no surprise that there would be difficulty, I just didn't know how difficult it could be.
Since we have arrived home I have been praying on ways to incorporate what we learned into my lifestyle here in America. I had the chance just last week with a wonderful client who donated a large sum of money to create one hundred care packages for a platoon in Afghanistan.
Since we have arrived home I have been praying on ways to incorporate what we learned into my lifestyle here in America. I had the chance just last week with a wonderful client who donated a large sum of money to create one hundred care packages for a platoon in Afghanistan.
Here is my shopping adventure at Costco.
The marines in Afghanistan requested so much random stuff that you and I take for granted (socks, wash cloths, q-tips, beef jerky, fruit, snacks, magazines etc.)
The party was to be held on the USS Yorktown. I rallied a few marines in the area to help with loading and unloading the goods. Look at the sweet marines below.
We set "Operation Care Boxes" up in front of the Hall of Fame on the ship. The goal was to have every couple come through and fill up the boxes we pre-purchased with the goods from Costco
Miss Caroline was working hard for the troops!
A little entertainment while they constructed the boxes
That is what $800.00 of beef jerky looks like!
We then suggested guests tour the ship for an hour and finally welcomed them to their dinner party on Hanger Bay III. The theme was patriotic (obviously).
Game time we turned down the lights and turned up the USO Band. The "Andrew Sisters" really knocked it out of the park and finished the evening strong.
My goal is to continue to grow these community projects in the Corporate World.
Making a difference is better than anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment