Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our New Dining Room Table

Ok, so the really lame  awesome side of me got riculously excited about the weekend to labor over a new dining room table.  Having moved into our new house, I was super excited to finally have a room large enough for a farmhouse table (or so I thought).  Unfortunately after measuring the dining room, my dream Farm House table no longer would fit if we wanted our bedroom door to close.

With that said, I set my heart on a round table to offset the square room.  And given that its just Ken and I normally eating dinner (and Hannah.....) we didn't need a huge table all the time.  But the entertainers in us would love to have a table large enough for 10.

So I set off to find a table I could redo and found this baby at the Habitiat for Humanity Home store for $50.00 bucks!!!
It looked perfect for our home, but the kicker was there were no leafs to go with it.  So ....why not make some?



Here is the progression......

I hit up Lowes and had 2 pieces of wood cut for me to act as my leafs.



I then drilled holes so the would fit flush against the wood


Next came sanding (my least favorite part)



Once I was finished with sanding, it was time for priming. 



Here is where I started to apply the paint.  Choosing the color was the toughest part of this project. I went with an antique white to match my walls in the dining room. 


And here is the finished product (without the leaves) 






You can see here I created a vintage look by sanding down the table post paint



All in all I am very pleased with the way my adorable little table turned out!!  Here is the final look (with the leaves) all prepped and ready for bookclub!!



1 comment: