Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Strengthened Faith

I just finished reading The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel.  It is a very compelling book about a journalists personal investigation of the evidence for Jesus.  Lee started out the book as an atheist and by the end, after visiting a handful of brilliant and qualified minds, transformed his thoughts and became a follower of Jesus Christ.
He answers these questions: 
1. Can the biographies of Jesus be trusted?
2. Do the biographies of Jesus stand up to scrutiny?
3. Were Jesus' biographies reliably preserved for us?
4. Is there credible evidence for Jesus outside His biographies?
5. Does archaeology confirm or contradict Jesus' biographies?
6. Is the Jesus of history the same as the Jesus of faith?
7. Was Jesus really convinced that he was the son of God?
8. Was Jesus crazy when he claimed to be the son of God? 
9. Did Jesus fulfill the attributes of God?
10. Did Jesus and Jesus alone match the identity of the Messiah?
11. Was Jesus' death a sham and his Resurrection a hoax?
12. Was Jesus' body really absent from His tomb?
13. Was Jesus seen alive after his death on the cross?
14. Are there any supporting facts that point to the Resurrection? 

If you are looking for a book to strengthen your faith, defend your faith, or help you to believe then this is the book for you.  In my opinion, one of the strongest quotes from the book comes from Martin Luther King Jr., "I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ's help, I someday will be - but thanks God I'm not the man I used to be. 

Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment