Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Edisto

Last weekend Ken and I went to visit Kevin and Lynn for Lynn's 30th Birthday (or 31st - way to go Hope).

They rented an awesome house on the beach on Edisto Island - an adorable area about an hour south of our house.  We spent the afternoon on the beach with great friends.  Jill and Stew Tiger Woods came to visit too!!  I'm not sure anyone enjoyed the beach more than Hannah and Greta.



Kevin and Ken made dinner for us - THANKS GUYS!!

I tried to make the birthday cake for Lynn.  Her favorite is Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting.  Seems easy right?  WELL what you don't know about cooking for the Caldwell s (Charleston Caldwells included in this) is that there are a few allergies to consider (red pepper flakes included for yours truly). Kevin and Ken are both Gluten Free, so I considered this when making the cake.
The outcome?  A very hard hard cake - hahaha, but the frosting was delicious and I'm pretty sure it was finished off by lunch the next day, so something had to be good.


We had a great time - thanks guys!!


No comments:

Post a Comment