Sunny Charleston

Sunny Charleston

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Whew - What A Weekend. The season is here!

This weekend was one of my biggest as an Event Designer. The magnitude of the events that were being held were massive not to mention running simultaneously. There is no way I could have pulled this off without an awesome team and solid vendors.

We had been working on the planning of these events for about 6 months and had designed them all outdoors. Naturally with outdoor functions you always plan your back up just in case but never really plan the back up to look the same. Well, going into this weekend the chance of rain was 65%. Ugh. With that said our plan B's were put into place but not without a ton of persuasion to the client. Yes that is right, even with a 65% chance of rain the client was still hoping to keep one of the events outside.

Luckily on Thursday, this event was able to remain outdoors.


The Oyster Station looked great!
I loved the soft seating in the courtyard and the Cornhole games



The Gold Mosaic containers really popped outdoors!




Then came Saturday.
These two events were awesome. Both had impressive bands - and awesome decor.
This particular look below was designed for a 28piece Jazz Orchestra. We wanted to keep the decor very jazzy but still functional for an after hours event.


In the ballroom our design was based on the 1920's themed movie "The Legend of Bagger Vance". All the decor was 1920's look. We had Old Fashioned Cars (that were rained out), antique furniture, flappers greeting the guests, a chest full of boas and Tommy Guns to wear for photos, and one of the best dance bands I have heard who came all the way from Nashville. Needless to say the event was a success and I witness a solid dance party!




AND this is what my car looked like on Sunday morning The funny thing about this is I don't even drink coffee - it was all tea. Apparently it kept me going. I didn't wake up until the afternoon on Sunday.
ON TO THE NEXT!!



No comments:

Post a Comment