On Wednesday night - after our tough day in Rinyanya, we had a great dinner together as a group. A few folks shared testimonies and I recall being moved by their relationship to God and the expectation of him in their lives. I suppose I was feeling something moving inside of me.
Back in the room I felt compelled to read a chapter of my book about giving. The beginning of the chapter starts with the author talking about her daughter Hope! I couldn't believe it. It was my Father talking directly to me. I went to bed that evening knowing God was trying to pull my heart toward giving.
On Thursday we revisited Rinyanya and were met, once again, by 1,000 people in line in the church. In fact before we left the site on Wed there were already 100 people in line prepared to sleep there! Our team was able to register 250 patients but turned so many more away. It never got easier.
Throughout the day there was one lady sitting down with a baby in her hands draped with a blanket over its face. The locals kept insisting that I register the baby, or at least just take a look. Here is what we found......
This sweet little baby had never been seen by a doctor and has a severe case of Hydrocephalus.
The team discovered this sweet child needed the same surgery Ken had a year and a half ago. We knew that was God's message to us the night before....that this baby deserves a chance like Ken did. If all goes the way we hope we'll be sponsoring the surgery for her, depending on PMI's connection with a world wide non profit who chooses special cases to take on.
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you,
do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12
Here are some of the other cases we saw.....
We had one patient with Burkitt's Lymphoma but no photos of that......
These two ladies were carried by their families to the clinic. Neither had the ability to move their legs.
This little nugget had a fever of 104 degrees. We touched her arm and it was the hottest skin Ken or I have ever touched!!
This was such a special clinic site!!
When we arrived to clinic on Friday the village people greeted us with an authentic song and dance. The teams energy was so high - some even joined in with the dancing!!
Here are some shots from Fridays clinic
This little one has ring worm on her head
I was obsessed with these kids!! Their eyes are so piercing.
We were kept very safe all week by these guys!!
What a way to end the week!!!





That last picture makes me think "Africa's Angel" :) Like Charlie's angel....haha. But in a sense you were like an angel sent there..Especially for that sweet baby that may be able to be healed with your generous gift.
ReplyDelete